Here at Griffin Lettings we’re able to lead you on the path of letting, all within the environment of a comfortable property that as a tenant you can make a family home. After all, home is where the heart is.
In addition, the new school term is only a couple of months away, so we thought it would be helpful to give you a guide to letting within a family home.
- Schools and catchment areas- If your children are moving schools, finding the strongest in the catchment areas are always big consideration for young families seeking to move within a new property. A school’s reputation is also another big factor - it’s worth taking a look at Ofsted’s website as well as investigating these areas for yourself too.
- Travel and transportation- Safe streets and local travel guides are an important aspect that should be researched, especially if your children are planning to walk to school or get the bus.
- Local amenities, clubs, childminders - Maybe ask your potential neighbours and other parents in the area for their opinion of the community.
- Room to grow - If you are up-sizing it is easy to quickly fill the extra space. Make sure you have enough room and then a bit extra.
- The Garden - The garden is a room to play, potter, grow, relax. Another room in the summer and the potential for an extension if one is needed. If you go for something a lot larger make sure you can cope with the extra work such as planting new flowers or grass cutting.
- The Layout - Check the floorplan and make sure it works for your family. Consider where your furniture will fit and what rooms will be allocated to what child.
- Multi-functional spaces - Bear in mind that rooms can have different uses. The dining room could be used as a playroom or study if the property has a large kitchen or sitting room where a table could fit.
- Location - Parents often find themselves spending most of their time in the car dropping their children to all manner of clubs, parties etc. Being in an area which is walkable distance to everything is really, really helpful especially when they want to venture out themselves at an older age.
- Spoil Yourself - Life is worth living, it’s nice to spoil yourself once in a while. Even though it's important to have a sensible family home, little things like a luxurious en-suite or a walk-in wardrobe will be much appreciated.
Renting a property can be a daunting process, but it doesn’t have to be that way. Our letting experts will give you all the support you need to find the perfect property and landlord you desire.
We don’t believe in high listing costs or hidden charges, which is why we only ever charge a fixed price of £19.95 for each property listing. Affordable, transparent and professional. That’s the Griffin Lettings difference.
To find out more information about Letting with Griffin Lettings or any other enquiries you may have, please complete our online form on the website - we aim to respond within 24 hours. Alternatively, you can call us on 0345 561 0050.